Diabetes Chat

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Diabetes Chat
Diabetes Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Claire from Morpeth type 1 for 11yrs

2 posters

Go down

Claire from Morpeth type 1 for 11yrs Empty Claire from Morpeth type 1 for 11yrs

Post  xclairex Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:55 pm

Hiya,
I am Claire and I was diagnosed in 1997 when I was eleven years old. I live with my husband and our two kittys! I have just got back on track with my diabetes after not looking after not taking my insulin as I should and eating all the wrong things. After so many years of running blood sugars no lower than 17 I finally realised I had to start taking it. I have just been put on DAFNE by wansbeck hospital. And I take Insultard in the morning and evening and Novorapid when I eat. I never use to test my blood sugars but after my diabetic nurse bribed me with a Very Happy PINK Very Happy machine I now test four times a day! I am finding the DAFNE really good as I am not a good eater and struggled when I was first diagnosed with all the snacks and meals you had to eat! I am looking forward to getting back to work as I had to leave my last job cause I was always il.
Also me and my husband are starting IVF in the next month or so and would love to hear from someone with diabetes who's been through that and anyone on the DAFNE reagime.
queen Bye x
xclairex
xclairex

Back to top Go down

Claire from Morpeth type 1 for 11yrs Empty Re: Claire from Morpeth type 1 for 11yrs

Post  Imogen Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:03 pm

Hi Claire, and welcome once again to the forum. I am glad that you have finally some control over your diabetes (instead of the other way around). What are your kitty's names then? I work in a vets and love animals - my two cats were fighting like mad earlier - they have lived together for 10 years and still hate each other!!! Rolling Eyes
I haven had no contact with IVF, but was gestationally diabetic and it was hard - have you told your health care team that you want to have babies. I recommend it, though - my boy is a joy, though VERY HARD WORK!!!! It's his first day at school tomorrow!
Imogen
Imogen
Admin

https://diabeteschat.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Claire from Morpeth type 1 for 11yrs Empty Re: Claire from Morpeth type 1 for 11yrs

Post  xclairex Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:29 pm

Hi
Yeah been in touch with them and there helping me try and get my HB1C (think thats what its called! Smile ) at the level it should be. And what they have told me about pregnancy and diabetes sounds pretty hard!
One's called Molly she's the oldest by a year (shes 3) and the other is Frodo. Molly gets on with Frodo when it suits her, but he's terrified of her! He's still like a kitten and doesn't stand up for himself!
I bet your excited about packing him off to school for the first time?! My friends little girl starts tomorrow as well and she is dead excited for her going. Hopefully got all that to look forward to in the future providing me and the diabetes get on together!
xclairex
xclairex

Back to top Go down

Post  Imogen Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:46 am

Well, he's been and I have collected him (only 3 hours today) and he enjoyed it! Woo hoo!
Imogen
Imogen
Admin

https://diabeteschat.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down