Diabetes Chat

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Diabetes Chat
Diabetes Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hit by the recession yet? We have...

4 posters

Go down

Hit by the recession yet?  We have... Empty Hit by the recession yet? We have...

Post  Imogen Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:48 am

Richard's just got home from lunch (we live behind the factory he works at) and they're going to be dropping everyone's hours from 5 day to 4 days..... which means noone will get made redundant, but just before Xmas everyone's money will drop....

We'll manage if we're careful, but I think quite a few will struggle....
Imogen
Imogen
Admin

https://diabeteschat.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Hit by the recession yet?  We have... Empty Re: Hit by the recession yet? We have...

Post  Clare Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:01 pm

At least everyone will keep their job. We've definitely had to tighten our belts this year No
Clare
Clare
Admin

http://www.thetropicaltank.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Hit by the recession yet?  We have... Empty Re: Hit by the recession yet? We have...

Post  PlymouthDave Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:37 pm

Is the factory JCB? I heard about the short time on the news. I am originally from Burton-on-Trent and my Mum had a very good friend who lived in Rocester and who worked there. Before joining the Navy, I worked for Conder who were the firm who built the factory so I have been there myself. It's massive.
PlymouthDave
PlymouthDave

Back to top Go down

Post  Imogen Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:31 am

Nope, though I think that gave them the idea - we are in Ashbourne - not far away, and my little boy likes walking around the JCB lake - it's easy coz it's paved! Smile
Imogen
Imogen
Admin

https://diabeteschat.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  caroline wilson Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:07 am

At the moment we must be the only people to be saving money.

The child minder let us down so we are saving £150 a week there. SInce we are splitting time off to do child care we are saving £35 a week on travel expenses to and from work Shoppingon line means we are saving between £30 and £50 a week because I am not getting all the impulse buys and not paying a cab home (although I do have to pay for delivery). We are also saving around £25 a week on eating in subsidised staff resteraunts.

Happily we finished paying the mortgage early last year...

caroline wilson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down