Diabetes Chat

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Diabetes Chat
Diabetes Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dizzy & shaky but numbers are ok?

3 posters

Go down

Dizzy & shaky but numbers are ok? Empty Dizzy & shaky but numbers are ok?

Post  fmnostaticatall Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:44 am

Hello! New person here, but need some feedback, so signed up for this chatroom.
Been having dizzy spells, almost constant, but while having them, my sugars are pretty normal, anywhere from 90 to 132. Never had this kind of shaky feeling with these numbers before. Thought it might be blood pressure, but no changes in meds. Have been cutting back on carbs, but still getting whole grains to @ 100grams a day. Just watching sweets and simple sugars (bread). When shaky, sugar sometimes helps, but not often enough to find a direct correlation. Besides, my numbers are still in my normal range.

Any ideas, anyone? Thanks.

fmnostaticatall

Back to top Go down

Dizzy & shaky but numbers are ok? Empty Re: Dizzy & shaky but numbers are ok?

Post  Nick Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:12 am

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I am still trying to get my head around these new numbers that have been introduced in the UK. I knew what the old ones meant instantly howver looking at a chart 90 = 10.4 and goodness knows so 132 should be around 14.4 I think which is way too high. You haven't said if you are Type 1 or 2, but in either case again way too high. Do you feel sick at all? When do you feel dizzy - just after eating? When standing up?

If so then there are other conditions related to this - some diabetic others non diabetic.

Best wishes

Nick
Nick
Nick
Admin

http://www.southhamspodiatry.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  beaniequeenie Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:19 am

Hello,

In addition to Nicks comments (which are always helpful) another thing to consider is if these levels are lower than they have been recently. If you were running higher than that before then managed to get them back to that number you can feel the same feelings as a hypo or dizzy as your body adjusts. (the same would apply for large swings in sugar levels,so you might find that it is more noticable after somehing like chocolate or carbs or alcohol.)

Just a thought but worht thinking about.
beaniequeenie
beaniequeenie

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:32 am

Good point Beanie.

Smile
Nick
Nick
Admin

http://www.southhamspodiatry.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down