Diabetes Chat

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Diabetes Chat
Diabetes Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flat Packs!

4 posters

Go down

Flat Packs! Empty Flat Packs!

Post  Clare Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:23 pm

I started building flat-packed furniture when I was about 10 years old (yes, it was around that long ago Embarassed ). Back then the quality was awful - the melamine/chipboard would split as soon as it saw a screwdriver and there were big chunks missing from the back......Don't even get me started on the drawers Evil or Very Mad
As the years have passed, flat-packed furniture has evolved and for a while was really easy to construct - All the bits were labelled.
Who decided that it would be a good idea not to label all the parts? I've just spent 20 minutes trying to figure out the difference between the bottom of the cupboard I'm building and the shelves (two which are fixed, two which move). To make matters worse, the whole thing is made out of soft pine. It's ridiculous, once false move and you've got two extra bits!

I used to love building the furniture and making the house look nice..............Perhaps it's just my age Sad
Clare
Clare
Admin

http://www.thetropicaltank.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Flat Packs! Empty Re: Flat Packs!

Post  mumoftype1 Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:45 am

No its not your age Very Happy I did the boys wardrobe and got bits the wrong way round only realising when it was done that the front bits were at the back! Exclamation
mumoftype1
mumoftype1

Back to top Go down

Post  Imogen Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:24 pm

Richard's job... nuff said!!! Laughing
Imogen
Imogen
Admin

https://diabeteschat.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  caroline wilson Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:52 am

We find flat pack furniture a night mare too. We bought some drawers from a well known catalogue chain. It took my husband three days to put four chests of drawers together earlier this year. The instructions were in ancient something or other, so it is good job he is handy and knows about these things,,, Smile alien

caroline wilson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum