Diabetes Chat

Hello everyone!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello everyone!

Post  cazvik on Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:07 pm

Hi
This is Victoria and I am 52 - I live in Derbyshire. I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes about 2 years ago and at first I was just treated by diet alone. Things didn't work out so I was prescribed Metformin - I take two with breakfast and one with my evening meal.
I still haven't got to terms with being a diabetic - I have got a very sweet tooth and being diabetic makes life difficult! I would be pleased to hear of any recipies of delicious puddings that don't upset my diabetes!!! Thank you! Take care! Victoria

cazvik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello everyone!

Post  Clare on Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:51 pm

Welcome Victoria Very Happy

You've caught us at a bit of a slow time - I think our members have got stuck in the snow Shocked

I'm the wife of a T2, but he's never really had a sweet tooth so I'm afraid I'm not much help Rolling Eyes

Clare
Admin

View user profile http://www.thetropicaltank.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Imogen on Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:49 pm

Hi, I am also in Derbyshire and have a sweet tooth! I follow a low carb diet, because it controls my diabetes and keeps my cholesterol down, but I have found the last month or so very hard for various reasons - and dipping into my son's "naughty" cupboard has been hard to resist.... I love low sugar jelly and cream...

Speak soon xxxx

Admin

View user profile http://diabeteschat.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick on Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:37 pm

Hi Victoria,

Can I add my welcome and yes it is a bit slow here at the moment. I think we need another mention in Balance or something!

Like you I am Type 2 and from tomorrow I shall be upping my Metformin to 850mg x 3 day as the 500mg that I have been taking for the past 2 and a bit yrs is not doing the trick. I am lucky in that I don't have a particularly sweet tooth (other than Pavlova....alas a thing of the past) but do not worry too much about having a small piece of cake or something sweet so long as I exercise afterwards and take everything in moderation. I know it's a fag and sometimes it gets me to screaming point even thinking about taking meds etc for the rest of my life but hey it's better than the alternative and as a Podiatrist I unfortunately get to see a lot of the 'alternative'. It kind of focuses your mind and takes away the 'it will never happen to me' syndrome.

Wellllllllll sometimes it does...........Smile

Take care

Best wishes
Nick

Admin

View user profile http://www.southhamspodiatry.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top