Diabetes Chat

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Diabetes Chat
Diabetes Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new with major sugar lows

2 posters

Go down

new with major sugar lows Empty new with major sugar lows

Post  al,sgiftedaviary Sat May 04, 2013 8:38 pm

hi all i am new to the group i live in canada and in canada our sugar levels are to be between 5-7 however ever since i been a diabetic my sugars do a major drop like tuesday morning i woke up was not aware where i was or what was going on i touched 1 # on my phone and it was the only person with a key to my place he rushed over called the ambulance and my sugar was 2.1 bye the time i was at the hospital it would not read on the meter i am not a new diabetic i eat what i am supose to so does any one have any ideas that could help me in a way when my sugar crashed it saved my life i was told about 5 hours later i have cancer so it was a double situation for me

al,sgiftedaviary

Back to top Go down

new with major sugar lows Empty Re: new with major sugar lows

Post  Nick Sat May 11, 2013 10:19 am

Hi

I am sure that you realise that you had a major hypo that day and I am so pleased that you became aware of it and could phone someone.

Sometimes they 'just' happen and it's not unusual to have one during the night. It might be due to any number of reasons from eating a little earlier the night before or not having had enough carb content to keep you going - through to the start of a virus, or as you say maybe the cancer had an impact and lowered it? No-one will ever be able to say why it happened unfortunately.

I think the best thing is to discuss it with your diabetic medical team and see what they say (might even be meds that you are on may have lowered it)

Best wishes

Nick
Nick
Nick
Admin

http://www.southhamspodiatry.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  al,sgiftedaviary Sat May 11, 2013 12:21 pm

i talked to my diabetic team and first thing they asked asked much weight in total did i loose i said in total i weighed 400 pounds so i have lost 220 pounds so the one asked how dids i loose so much i said i had to have my colon removed due to cancer 4 years ago and now it is back so they asked ok what was the insulin then i said 24 units 4x a day they asked and how much are you on now i replied 24 units 4x a day they were in shock they said you should be only on 6 units 4 x a day i tried to tell the doctor but no go so now i am back to normal

al,sgiftedaviary

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Sat May 11, 2013 2:03 pm

Good to hear that !

Sounds like they weren't that good at regulating you post op.

Take care

Nick
Nick
Nick
Admin

http://www.southhamspodiatry.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down