Diabetes Chat

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Diabetes Chat
Diabetes Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas is comming

5 posters

Go down

Christmas is comming Empty Christmas is comming

Post  caroline wilson Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:40 pm

so what do I get for my diabetic father who has everything? i did managed to get him a CD of classical music which I hope santa rendeer he'll like. he likes gardening but already has all the tools he wants, and since he drives he always says alcohol is out, and is superstitious about any one buying things for the car! My mum says he has a drawer full of unused underwear and socks and wont wear anything except white shirts of which he has half a dozen still in their packaging! lol! Like a Star @ heaven

caroline wilson

Back to top Go down

Christmas is comming Empty Re: Christmas is comming

Post  Imogen Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:37 pm

Something quirky - like a small antique stool he could put his cuppa, book, feet on?
Something that he's unlikely to chose for himself that he may like - a Terry Pratchett book?
Something that men shouldn't need - like some L'oreal face cream?
A seriously expensive pair of socks...
Um...
Imogen
Imogen
Admin

https://diabeteschat.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  PlymouthDave Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:28 am

Diabetic Dads deserve very expensive presents so make sure you go mad!!!! At least that is what I tell my lot!
PlymouthDave
PlymouthDave

Back to top Go down

Post  caroline wilson Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:21 pm

My brother buys him Terry Prachett books which come to me eventually, but the face cream is something men don't usually use and a quirky idea...

caroline wilson

Back to top Go down

Post  caroline wilson Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:10 pm

What's the stuff advertised by Pierce (james Bond) Brosnan? It is male any way...

caroline wilson

Back to top Go down

Post  Buffy Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:00 pm

How about one of those brain teaser thingies that Julie Walters and that other famous chap (can't think of his name) are playing in the advert on an aeroplane ? geek

Buffy

Back to top Go down

Post  caroline wilson Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:45 pm

The brainy chap is the dead sexy Patrick Stewart. My neices had a couple and my dad got cross with one of them and they ended up in several pieces in a corner. My mum bought a new one for my neice and my dad sulked for weeks. My mum enjoyed the peace and quiet while it lasted.

My father has got to be by far the most awkward person I know to buy for, he always says don't get me a present, never knows waht he wants and sulks if he hasn't go anything to open on his birthday or Christmas Morning.

Last year I paid for a years subscription to Diabetes UK and whenever I visited, the magazines were un opened. Tried all the gardening stuff and birdwatching stuff which he just poked into a corner, bought him stuff for the car and the car broke down. He doesn't smoke and wont drink for a couple of days before he drives. Since he drives most days he rarely drinks.

All the foot care gift packs I have seen (even on cosyfeet) seemed to be aimed ay women. I saw a nice set but can't see my dad wearing pink or white fluffy slippers. Hmm, I think the jury is still out on what to get the grumpy dwarf!

caroline wilson

Back to top Go down

Post  Buffy Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:27 pm

Jig-saw, back massager, slippers even. LOL My girls ring and ask the question.....Mum, what can we buy Dad? Like your Dad, there is nothing he wants.

The best so far have been DVD's of old films that he has seen already but he is happy to watch again.

Why are men so awkward? Rolling Eyes

Buffy

Back to top Go down

Post  kincaidston Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:01 pm

the best jigsaws are wentworth jigsaws which are a bit special
other than that how about taking him for a meal
or try robert rankin books or calvin and hobbes cartoon books which i find brilliantly funny and clever
kincaidston
kincaidston

Back to top Go down

Post  caroline wilson Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:57 pm

Thanks for all the brilliant ideas. I ended up with some after shave sensitive skin stuff, some cufflinks and a CD. He'll have a few things to moan about and be quite happy, and not a sweet in sight. bounce cheers lol!

caroline wilson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down